Tuesday, October 27, 2020

500 Posts! Writing productivity, punch, and polish

This is the 500th How to Write Fast post. Explore, and you'll find hundreds of thousands of words here aimed at breaking bad writing habits, forming good ones, and delivering stories (even non-fiction ones on occasion) that will deliver great experiences. 

My fondest hope is that some readers have been able to write more and create better stories. I've been proud to see a few cases where authors have thanked me in their books.

I've been at this over eight years, and I'm not done. I still have more topics cued up in my head. For me, this has been useful because I understand what I've learned more clearly once I articulate it. And a good number of the subjects, especially those that led to series, became courses. 

I have over 200 thousand visits from almost every country despite keeping the blog small and simple (little promotion and no search terms or pictures for the most part). There's no book or podcast, and I haven't made any attempts to go after people who harvest hundreds of posts at at time from unlikely or unknown regions. (I suspect there are bootleg collections being sold, but I haven't checked.)

This work has made my own writing more joyful. When I hit a writing problem, I have a new topic I can develop. When I stumble upon something successful, I get an extra thrill knowing I can offer a tip or share my journey toward finding something new.

If you need even more blog posts, and you've read everything here, you can find some over at Savvy Authors.

Prog Rock Little Place: 500 songs... celebrate on Facebook too!


1 comment:

  1. Mazel Tov!! Very relieved when you said "I not done." I feared you were signing off. Please "keep us posted!"

    ReplyDelete