Friday, March 1, 2013

Every Other Friday - Sara Humphreys

Sara is a graduate of Marist College, with a B.A. Degree in English Literature & Theater. Her initial career path after college was as a professional actress. Some of her television credits include, A&E Biography, Guiding Light, Another World, As the World Turns, and Rescue Me.

Sara has been a lover of both the paranormal and romance novels for years. Her sci-fi/fantasy/romance obsession began years ago with the TV Series STAR TREK and an enormous crush on Captain Kirk. That sci-fi obsession soon evolved into the love of all types of fantasy/paranormal; vampires, ghosts, werewolves, and, of course, shape shifters. Sara is married to her college sweetheart, Will. They live in Bronxville, New York with their 4 boys and 2 insanely loud dogs. Life is busy but never dull.


Tell me about UNTAMED.
Thanks so much for having me on the blog! UNTAMED is the third book in the Amoveo Legend series. The Amoveo are shapeshifting animal clans who live secretly among humans and must find their pre-destined soul mates while avoiding the enemy that seeks to destroy them all. This installment focuses on the courtship of William Fleury, a pureblood from the Falcon Clan and Layla Nickelsen, a human/Amoveo hybrid from the Cheetah clan. 

You mention that this is the third book (The others being UNLEASHED and UNTOUCHED). What drove you to write this series?
I've always loved to read paranormal romance, so one day I decided to sit down and write my own. Essentially, I wrote a series that I would love to read and so far readers seem to be enjoying it.

What were your biggest obstacles?
Juggling life and work. I'm married with four boys and when I started my publishing journey four years ago I had a full time job too. It was challenging to be able to fit everything but I wasn't going to let go of my dream. Persistence pays off and now I'm  a full-time writer.




No comments:

Post a Comment