Wednesday, June 12, 2013

First Anniversary!


I’ve been exploring productivity on these pages for a full year now, and I'm still having fun. From the beginning, I knew that I would cover the basics – tips on preparation, drafting, and rewriting. More themes emerged, based primarily on feedback and requests, including dealing with distractions, collaboration, and refilling the well.

Bigger Stories and Writing Tools took on lives of their own – leading to courses, as well as multiple posts.
Gwen Hernandez deserves special mention. Her guest post on Scrivener accounts for about one in seven of my pageviews and continues to bring me new readers.
Thanks also to the many writers who have been featured in Every Other Friday interviews:
Alex Benedict, RC Bonitz, Gerri Brousseau, Dani Collins, Eileen Cook, TL Costa, Barry Crimmins, Jennifer Fusco, Kate George, Kourtney Heintz, Kristan Higgins, Sara Humphreys, Marian Lanouette, Katy Lee, MH Mead, Melanie R Meadors, Carter Phipps, Stephanie Queen, PJ Sharon, Joy Smith, Doug Solter, Tawny Weber, Casey Wyatt, and Bob Zaslow.
And, of course, thanks to all readers, especially those who leave comments.
Believe it or not, I have more to say on the themes that have carried the blog this far. More authors have agreed to be interviewed, and I hope to have more guest posts. And I’m curious about new ways to become more productive: Helpful forms and questionnaires, useful tropes, journaling help, crit groups, mentors, and more. Of course, I welcome suggestions on new topics or deeper explorations of old themes.
For those who geek out on numbers, here are a few statistics:
151 Posts
Over 26,000 pageviews, with 4,600 in the last month
Pageviews for almost 100 countries
Top Ten Posts
  1. Guest Post - Write Faster with Scrivener (Gwen Hernandez)
  2. Plotting for Pantsers 2: Build your storytelling muscles

  3. NaNoWriMo Success 2 - Fast Drafting

  4. Bigger 4 - Creating Endings That Buzz

  5. Six Ideas on How to Prepare to Write Productively

  6. Writing Prep 5 - Distraction Number One, Husband Interruptus

  7. Rewrite 8 – Stronger Verbs for Better Stories

  8. Every Other Friday - T.L. Costa Interview

  9. Do You Listen to Music When You Write?

  10. Draft 9 - Let's Get Physical


Thanks again. I’m having a great time, and I hope you are, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment