The problem was quickly termed "husband interruptus," and I went to my crack team of writing colleagues for answers. These included:
- arsenic (but that seems like overkill)
- leave the house and go to the library, Panera Bread or Starbucks
- lock yourself in the potty
- rent him a movie he's been wanting to see and then put it on for him
- give him a notebook with the heading: Things to ask wife in an hour
- try to fix something" (i.e., with a hammer or crowbar, guaranteed to hurt more than help) and let the super handy hubby get to work (works best with controlling type-A personalities)
How do you protect your writing time? How do you keep the people in your life from stealing precious minutes at the keyboard?